[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Jack Budd

  • From: Jastek5@xxxxxxx
  • To: Shepherds4us@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 10:27:11 EDT

Jack Budd,
What a Man. By the grace of god, i can call him my friend.

He was a man of great integrity, honor and independence. My introduction to
Jack, was about 7 or 8 years ago when i showed under him in So. Cal. at a big
speciality. I didn't know who he was, and he didn't know who i was.  Jack
didn't care, my dogs that day went WD, WB and Best Puppy and Best Opposite,
including defeating a future GV. He knew his responsibility as a judge and he
took it
very seriously and always gave you his best. This was just how Jack lived his
life, he knew no other way. After that show Jack and I developed a friendship
that involved many long hours of telephone calls across the country. We both
shared a commonality of "spitting against the wind" and it is with the fondest
of memories that i will remember those conversations.  I showed under him
many times, never with as much success as i had that day but i always left
every
show with the knowledge that he gave his best and was as honest as the day was
long.

Jack was truly a breeder and lover of the GSD. He didn't follow the crowd, he
had a plan and stuck to it and was very successful.

Jack lived his life to the fullest, he was a bear of a man, but with a heart
of gold. He had my utmost respect. I will miss him greatly. There aren't many
men made like Jack.

Jack, you are one of those people who have made my life better in knowing
you. All the best my friend. Rest Easy.

Your Friend, Bill