[ SHOWGSD-L ] JUST IN

  • From: Crossroadsgsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:05:52 EDT

From: Concerned Dog Owners of  California <_update@xxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:update@xxxxxxxxx) >
Date: April 10, 2008 8:01:50 AM  PDT
To: _cwkazor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:cwkazor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: COME TO SACRAMENTO ON  MONDAY

            Concerned  Dog Owners of California

April 10,  2008

COME TO SACRAMENTO
Monday, April  14th

COME TO SACRAMENTO ON MONDAY
AND SUPPORT AB  2291

On Monday, April  14th at 1:30 in Room 126, the Committee on Revenue and
Taxation will be hearing AB 2291, sponsored by Concerned Dog  Owners of
California, introduced by Assembly Member Tony  Mendoza, supported by dog
clubs,
individuals and humane  organizations.  The text of the bill is _here_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001vRfGhAy16vrMe3Txb6jX-Cn8BzaHoTK19KDbuUzpBNvwKRk-VKA1KKJEeQZknayv
nFRwDtinhphmlQ0P4WwRgHKyFNzQiBjY01z7u92T5yQHgLLZYfyxxOhu3Ahr5vEPdigPL2NOscmwVB
JXQSUlr9zKpGbqlfP8qBihWRU7hzV2nQtsY2iOwVCQ6OAb5JFZ4a3n-6p9jm4RvYwPnnxhwplRvXpX
2xjt) .

This bill adds  a check off box to the California Income Tax Form  so  each
year we can all contribute $1 for a voluntary spay and  neuter fund.  Along
with the Responsible Dog owner  license plate legislation, this can provide
$10,000,000 a year  for voluntary spay and neuter - that could mean 30 new
mobile
vans for California every year.

When  we gathered last April we said lets do something that will  make a
difference; let's propose our own legislation.   This is the first bill to come
Committee and we need your  support.

This is not a slam  dunk.  Getting a spot on the California Income Tax  form
is a coup.  Many groups want to do this.  We  need to convince the Committee
this is a good decision, a  popular decision and one that is supported.  We
must show  we have a plan to promote and publicize the use of this  check-off
box
so it will be effective.  Asking supporters  to stand up and be counted will
make a big difference, if  there are many of us.

We don't just  oppose.  That's the picture Assemblyman Levine has  painted.
And that is not who we are.  We are  interested in real solutions.  The
Legislature has seen  how many we are.  Let them see we come out to pass laws
that
will make things better.

Support Assembly Member  Tony Mendoza.  Assembly Member Mendoza, a Democrat
from Southern California, listened to us last year and then he  voted NO on AB
1634, in spite of a great deal of pressure from  Levine.  He will be in the
Assembly for many more  years.  He has used up one of his valuable legislative
spots to introduce this bill for us.  Legislators are  graded by their
effectiveness, how many of their bills  pass.  Please come and support this
bill and
Assembly  Member Mendoza.  Let him know we meant it when we said  this was
important.  That is how we will build valuable  relationships in Sacramento

CONTACT YOUR SENATOR ABOUT THE COW  PALACE

Daly  City is proposing tearing down the Cow Palace to make way for
development.  Dog fanciers know the Cow Palace through  the Golden Gate Kennel
Club
shows.  Young people know it  through 4H.  More than  half a million people a
year attend events at the Cow Palace,  ranging from stock shows and rodeos to
concerts for a wide  range of ethnic groups.  This will leave dozens of
long-standing groups, including Golden Gate Kennel Club,  without a venue. Here
is
the _article_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001vRfGhAy16vrgnVCrn7wQgCzNP3JWm4Hy4GNaHL4My6f3GHTkTb_n7ngHCzEIB_gA806fIR6GkVofI7lhXrE-ECmongkn2yqDPWuNnlqNT-1RdHfENKGml
E7WotmrWSXniCD06XvI9fZ3L1rO63-a4i2nxviFHBk_Al7PPPoAjy-sTWnohlB_8QojwTceNJ1uISz
DHkuksj8=) .

Contact your  Senator and tell him you are opposed.  You should also  contact
the Senators on the Agriculture Committee and their  Committee Consultant to
voice your opposition.  Contact  information for those people is _here_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001vRfGhAy16vrHx3aSNgYnQW5mY1fsOJlyNCCvQbO_g_57ULq7q53owOWWB
jvdMW9MKdvkgVVh394Qp-6YpUOsAzFeJiS6LGIIIaX62cUr3r2X-7fDD6llDHB-qgZcoyL3ZbLHThj
p6uOSEAKLs-9u8aOll-WNVTOSVxmk91c2pYVua2NURM7NFiXyWdCyss5MdsywxFAWm_c=) .

When you come  to Sacramento on Monday to support AB2291, you should also see
 your own Senator about this.

WRITE YOUR SUPPORT  LETTERS

Sponsored by Concerned Dog Owners of  California
AB 2291       Assemblyman  Tony Mendoza  (D-56th)
Add a check off box to California State  Income Tax Form for
Spay and Neuter Fund
Letters to Robert  Baird
State  Capitol
P.O. Box  942849
Sacramento, CA  94249-0056
FAX - (916)  319-2156
Committee Hearing 4/14/08 - Revenue and  Taxation
SB 1771        Senator Ron Calderon  (D-30th)
Add forfeiture language to dog fighting  law
Letters to Rocky Rushing
Capitol  Office
State Capitol, Room  4088
Sacramento, CA   95814
FAX - (916) 327-8755
Public Safety  Committee - Hearing Not Set
Supported by Concerned Dog Owners of  California
AB 1969        Assembly Member George  Plescia
Increased penalties for crimes against dogs and  horses
Committee Hearing 3/25/08 - Public Safety
AB 1938       A  tax credit for partial costs of spaying and neutering
animals
Revenue and Taxation - Hearing Not  Set
Letters to Assembly Member George  Plescia
State  Capitol Building Room 3141
Sacramento, CA 94249-0075
This is the time to show that we are a  force, for or against a bill.  Thank
you.

CDOC ACTION CONTINUES TO GET  SUPPORT

The  Officers and Directors of CDOC ACTION express their thanks to  the
individuals and Kennel Clubs that are stepping us to help  CDOC ACTION take the
City of Los Angeles to court.  We  told you earlier about Ventura County Dog
Fanciers  Association.

Also meeting the  Cabrillo Challenge are Beverly  Hills Kennel Club, which
made a donation of  $5000.  And that was matched by Los Encinos Kennel  Club.
Sir Francis  Drake sent a donation of $1000.  Yosemite Kennel Club help a  huge
raffle last week-end and donated all their proceed to  fight legislation.

Again, we ask  every individual to commit to raise $100 for us and every Club
 to give what they can.  The CDOC ACTION website has been  updated with press
information and lists of contributors and  will continue to be updated.

We are organizing to get materials out to Clubs for fund  raising and we
appreciate your patience.  The website for  donations is _www.cdocaction.org_
(http://www.cdocaction.org/)  or  they can be mailed to 22647 Ventura
Boulevard,
#108, Woodland  Hills, CA.

We are very close  to having the final package ready to file.  Please
continue your support.

A  CHALLENGE TO KENNEL CLUBS

MATCH  THE DONATION OF CABRILLO KENNEL CLUB

Cabrillo  Kennel Club, which is not a Los Angeles based Club, made a
donation of $2500 toward the cost of this lawsuit.  This  is in addition to the
monies they have given CDOC, NAIA and  PetPAC during the last year to fight
AB1634.

They feel  that Los Angeles is the battleground and they have stepped up  to
be a part of the team.  And they are challenging other  Clubs to dig deep and
help as well.

The issue is not  whether some show people may qualify under the ever
shifting  "exemptions." With this Ordinance, the City knowingly traded  away
the
health  of dogs owned by the average pet owner to pacify Animal Rights
extremists
and to try and revive AB1634.

Show them it  will not  work.

(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001vRfGhAy16vrgyxxktErVvQBtK0jO-yiQWOIc1FaKZISJtqmesIm3H_dyj0ZB-JqqRBQUYBYU6abXqqHUETxK-HmlmJmHtGqcl2TrQzAjutU=)
 HOW CAN YOU HELP
US RAISE  MONEY
In addition to your personal  donation, here are some other ideas for raising
money for the  court challenge.

Put a link to Concerned Dog Owners of California _(www.cdoca.org)_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001vRfGhAy16vrgyxxktErVvQBtK0jO-yiQWOIc1FaKZISJtqmesIm3H_dyj0ZB-
JqqRBQUYBYU6abXqqHUETxK-HmlmJmHtGqcl2TrQzAjutU=)  and CDOC-ACTION
_(www.cdocaction.org) _
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001vRfGhAy16voreSTvUIlSRaNoPxquN8v8cDKfQHexxroOh7xzAxGeHzW56P5FNCiJjWlt497BOccg0K4P57-zWEVI1SdRdKB1QSpeRXg49s5TEku6J8JA
iw==) on your personal and Club  websites.

Hold a match in your area and contribute the  funds to CDOC-ACTION.  We will
send you materials for  donations.

Ask your local Kennel Club to let you have a  table at the next show, agility
trial or obedience trial with  materials and donation boxes for this.

Go to  your local dog park and talk to people about the _health  problems_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001vRfGhAy16vrlOg5Ts8U9x4elJCQWwPQSznYlpR_Ce8iIVcX7Uz1PH
nrKd3JPmW6hyVsCF1s5uyMfohB9Qf1GAnxmrUcJ7MBatroCrHIWQYTcKQe8DLYU2zDq0qwz8ti5-cW
QdEoGym4=)  when sterilization is mandated by the government  at 16 weeks.

Take information to your local  groomers and independent pet stores.

Forward  information on this law to all the puppy people you  know.

Talk to your veterinarian about puting up posters  in their office.  Most
knowledgeable veterinarians are  reluctant to sterilize a 16 week old puppy.

Ask Clubs  that you belong to to make a contribution.

Visit dog  event vendors and ask them for donations.  Contact us and  we will
send you supplies.

Put brief information about  this legislation with a link to _CDOC-ACTION_
(http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001vRfGhAy16vrVg1Q7lkw_ARGzsZRLueYISlv7s-qVMrhB49OI6UbDV
4IlXRfGmr_hyJp_cboqTMv_IYbSqReYUbyry3GK9wzdZ5m6gk8g1oc=)   in the signature
block on your email.

Call your local  radio and TV stations and make them aware of these laws, and
 the health  consequences.

Cathleen Bennett & Joe Guay
Rialto, Ca
_www.crossroadsgsd.com_ (http://www.crossroadsgsd.com/)