[ SHOWGSD-L ] JUNIORS

  • From: GStiefferm@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:44:52 EST

Lister,
                   I know exactly how you feel. In Juniors at All Breeds I am
always the only one with a GSD. It sucks because you get toy judges who look
like their eyes are deathly afraid. And you get dumped then you get the judges
with their different breeds. It never is fair. So I got a Golden to show And
she was only 9mons old. The first weekend out when we got second to a Poodle
that is in the Top 10 for its breed. The poodle boy took his Mom and dad's
bitch in and BJ both days.  But I don't want to show Golden in juniors cause
they
are not my breed. I want to so a GERMAN SHEPHERD!!!!!! It is very tough
compation out there you have to work your but off.

                   I've been in dogs as long as I can remember and I have
always wanted to compete with the big boys. And I have until the last ST. Louis
National some people were saying that I was scared to show in Juniors. Not
writing any names because it is after the fact. But, I am showing in both now.
The
reason I never showed in juniors before then is because:

1) You would always see the kids with perfectly trained dogs and the dog did
the work. Those kids won.
2) I wanted to show against the big boys and that was all.
3) Another don't take this the wrong way but parents knew Judges and the
other way around.

But I tried it because of those people and I am glad. I have received 20 BJs
and I am going to keep roughing it until I am 18...... You always hear of
people being prejudice well i WAS against Juniors. But not any more.

                   Melissa you can count on me being at those durn Triangles
and I hope others will come too! I never have enter Junior at the national but
hope to at the up and coming ones!!!!!  Melissa please tell me how you do at
your shows. Thanks for all the responses. And GOOD LUCK TO ALL JUNIORS IN THE
ALL BREED RING, ALSO TO EVERY ONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth