[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: JUDGING ALL-BREED SHOWS

  • From: Rita Sandell <magic4sure@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:03:05 -0800 (PST)

As most of you know I love judging but it is difficult for specialty judges to
do all-breed shows unless they do other breeds.  They will ask the specialty
judges if you will judge for $3.50 a dog a no expenses.  (Not sure if that is
still the same as it may have gone up).  Lets say that you have an entry of  50
which is big these days. you would receive $175.00.  This does not begin to pay
for your air fare and other expenses.  As a judge you would not be able to do
many of those are you would go broke.  I do not judge to make money but it
would sure add up if you did many of these shows.

  I do know we have quality specialty judges like Lee Brown and others who does
other breeds and gets many assignments .  At least we do have some quality
specialty judges doing all-breeds.

  Rita Sandell
http://mail.yahoo.com