[ SHOWGSD-L ] JUDGES ONLY PUT UP HANDLERS, SO HANDLERS MUST BE THE ONLY ONES WINNING AT DOG SHOWS

  • From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 20:44:54 -0700

I saw this on another list, so checked out the GSDs.  Of course, it's
flawed as many times the owner doesn't put the handler/agent on the
entry, BUT... after I checked the GSDs, I knew it was flawed.  It was
an interesting exercise for MB-F to undertake, anyway.   OR... maybe
at INFO Dog, GSD  owners all show their own dogs. :-)
Storm

_http://www.infodog.com/misc/winbrdstat.htm_
(http://www.infodog.com/misc/winbrdstat.htm) JUDGES ONLY PUT UP
HANDLERS, SO
HANDLERS MUST BE THE ONLY ONES WINNING AT DOG SHOWS
Really? If you speak with very many exhibitors theyâ??ll be only too
happy to
express that statement. This got us thinking. So many folks believe this
to be so, but upon what is this statement based? Perception? Experience?
Their breed? What are the facts?
We decided to take a look at wins at dog shows. Using published
records for
MB-F shows held in 2008 and 2009 we looked at:
1. The number of Winners wins awarded
2. The number of Bests of Breed awarded
3. The number of Group Firsts awarded
4. The number of Bests in Show awarded
5. The number of these wins that were awarded to dogs with no agent
listed and the number that were awarded to dogs that had an agent
listed.
Hereâ??s what we found.
_For 2008:_ (http://www.infodog.com/misc/winbrdstats2008.htm)
82,724 Winners awards
11,771 (14%) were given to dogs with handlers listed and
70,953 (86%) were awarded to dogs with no agent listed.
50,587 Bests of Breed awards
17,033 (34%) were awarded to dogs with a handler listed and
33,554 (66%) were awarded to dogs with no agent listed.
3402 Group Firsts
1857 (55%) were awarded to dogs with a handler listed and
1545 (45%) were awarded to dogs with no agent listed.
488 Bests in Show awards
323 (66%) awarded to dogs with a handler listed and
165 (34%) awarded to dogs with no agent listed.
_For 2009:_ (http://www.infodog.com/misc/winbrdstats2009.htm)
82,237 Winners awards
11,239 (14%) were given to dogs with a handler listed and
70,998 (86%) were awarded to dogs with no agent listed.
51,176 Bests of Breed awards
17,566 (34%) were awarded to dogs with a handler listed and
33,610 (66%) were awarded to dogs with no agent listed.
3445 Group Firsts
1810 (53%) were awarded to dogs with a handler listed and
1635 (47%) were awarded to dogs with no agent listed.
496 Bests in Show awards
310 (62%) were awarded to dogs with a handler listed and
186 (38%) were awarded to dogs with no agent listed.
The numbers are what they are. To find your individual breed, go to the
accompanying table to see the numbers and percentages for Winners and
Best of
Breed. Please remember that not all breeds compete at each show. The
totals
account for every time a breed was entered at a show and competed. There
are separate tables (by Variety Group) for _2008_
(http://www.infodog.com/misc/winbrdstats2008.htm) and _2009_
(http://www.infodog.com/misc/winbrdstats2009.htm) .
_View the 2008 table_ (http://www.infodog.com/misc/winbrdstats2008.htm)
_View the 2009 table_ (http://www.infodog.com/misc/winbrdstats2009.htm)