[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: JRs Judge change at Nationals

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 18:27:07 EDT

Judging Juniors is not simple.  It is hard.  But, my  opinion, I just happen
to feel that people who want to judge on the  National level should be willing
to do something that is hard, especially for  the kids who are our future. (I
guess it is the teacher in me)
Try judging a group of all breed kids who are trying to get to Westminster
or who are competing in one of the pet foods challenges.  It is  TOUGH.  But is
 rewarding!
Carol

In a message dated 8/4/2008 5:22:01 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Carol,  somehow I don't think it's that simple any more.
Yes it was, once...and  perhaps it is still, but I think judging juniors is a
little harder than  just asking, the way it used to be.
Still, I do think that  when a person intends to be a one breed judge and
a one breed judge only,  there is a good reason to be able to do the
kids...so clubs can offer it  and not have to hire a separate judge...even a
free one!
On the other hand, judging juniors is not an easy task, when done
properly...and should be done by someone who has actually done some
handling.....not just some owning.
Peggy