[ SHOWGSD-L ] JAPANESE BEETLES!!

  • From: "Bonnie Dinsmore" <vonadlerhof@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <CHGermanShepherdShowDogsList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 17:51:39 -0400

Do any of you have a good home remedy to kill these things?  They are invading
my flowers this year, and I don't want to use pesticides if I can help it-due
to the dogs & wildlife (many hummingbirds too).  The beetles are also in my
water buckets--I just dump them often, but are they poisonous in the dogs
drinking water? Just curious.
The only remedy I have tried is spraying dish liquid & water on the
plants....don't know if this really helps yet.  Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks!
Bonnie Dinsmore
Von Adlerhof German Shepherds &
Japanese Beetles :o)