[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ivomectin Dosage

  • From: shirley sommers <ssthunderpony@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ruready8336@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tashina1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, KHeckman@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 08:50:48 -0700 (PDT)

For us,  our skeeter season   is  safely shorter than from April to Sept  so we
only treat   from May to Oct. since this is an after the fact type treatment ,
not a preventative, for heartworm microfilaria. Treatment causes eventual death
if the microfilaria.

  The rest of the year I don't believe in  poisoning my dogs unnecessarily  and
give  their organs a rest.
  JMO

Mike Crowson <ruready8336@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  the metric system is bound to take over one day :)
1/10cc per 10 lbs of body weight is the recommemded dosage...There is an
actual formulation that will calculate the exact dosage, but 1/10cc per 10
lbs works fine...I give less in the winter months.....----- Original
Message -----
From: "Brenda Shepard"