[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ivermectin Hearworm Preventative Info RE: Clarification Please .........

  • From: "Stacey Holman" <stacey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 00:51:29 -0400

To clarify - yes this is dosage for Ivomec liquid "injection for cattle"
(not the paste).  It is not actually labeled as Ivermectin Heartworm
Preventative, I just copied that from the Vet's notes on the post-it card
she left for me so I would remember the dosage.  Hope this clarifies - thank
you Shirley.

Vet recommended to buy the smallest box of Ivomec (i.e. 50mL) possible if
you have only a few dogs as the product will expire before you use it all
unless you have lots of dogs.   the box I got looks like this -->
http://ivomec.us.merial.com/cowcalf/products/products_ivomec.asp

Please someone let me know if I'm not using/doing the right thing and need
to find a new vet!!!!

  _____