[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: It's so simple....

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, valleydogs2000@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 16:19:03 -0400 (EDT)

Sounds very viable.
Perhaps Melissa you could check on that and let everyone know.

Molly

In a message dated 8/16/2013 3:12:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:
If the  board doesn't feel like sending a letter, I wonder if the AKC would

accept a whole bunch of signatures from GSDCA members????  A   petition????

Bet we could come up with one....

Kathy, member  GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd  Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message  dated 8/16/2013 3:13:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Thanks  Melanie.

This  reminds me of the Commercial with the little kids.
"It's not  complicated"........ <G>

According to Mr.  Crowley...the  Parent Club doesn't even have
to get involved in setting  guidelines.  (  "if they so choose"  )
Considering the expense and   disagreements over changing something
as serious as a DQ in the  Standard  BACK..... this is so simple.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

-----Original   Message-----
From] On Behalf Of Melanie Fuellgraf Subject: Re: How do  we  let the
membership decide?

FYI, Many of you have probably  seen this  already as a copy of this leter
was
included in the  letter that was  disributed with the petition a few years
ago.
So, again I ask, How do we  let the membership decide?
Thank  you  Melanie

----------------------
Mr. JamesCrowley   April 21,  2005
The American Kennel Club
New York, NY
(212)  696-8234 – direct  number
jxc@xxxxxxx

The following points  have been approved as the  basis for establishing the
new
breed  of White Shepherd or Berger Blanc  Suisse here in the United  States.
1. The GSDCA should write a  letter stating that they would  not protest
the
AKC establishing the White  Shepherd as a separate  breed with the
Foundation
Stock Service  program.
1. The GSDCA  would not need to change their breed  standard in any way.
The color  white would remain a disqualification to  the GSD breed.

1. After  this letter is submitted “ the  White Shepherd Parent Club
(AWSA),  the AKC and the GSDCA (if they so  desire) would be responsible
for
setting the guidelines in establishing  the new  breed.

Logistics could be:

1.  Name
2. All registry  requirements
3. The  possibility of the white coated GSD that is three  generations
white/white,
and if the owner so desires,  to be  registered with the new breed.
4. The possibility if  there are owners  who wish to remain in the GSD
breed
with
their white coated dogs, it  could be permissible for them  to do so.

If at any point, the  GSDCA would like to contact me  personally.
I would be more than happy  to discuss these points with  them.

Sincerely,

James  Crowley
AKC   Secretary

===========================================================================P
OST   is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the
original  author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
FORWARDS of
any kind  are permitted without prior permission of the  original author
AND of
the  Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS  RESERVED.

Each Author is responsible  for the content of his/her  post.  This group
and its administrators are  not responsible  for the comments or opinions
expressed in any post.

ALL   PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY

MANNER  OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE  EXPRESS
PERMISSION OF  ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST  MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
FORBIDDEN, AND IS  A VIOLATION OF LAW.  VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL
BE
PROSECUTED.

For  assistance, please contact the List Management at   admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

NATIONAL BLOG -   http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/