[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: It's OK!!!

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 22:14:18 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/2007 11:29:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
gsdramey@xxxxxxx writes:
I just read an e mail from Lew to the  membership saying the
hearing was held and the Board  has decided to ask Tish to fill
in since "they" have voted to  remove you from your position.

As you can see, a copy of this note is going to Evan  who, I know did
stand by youI

I got permission to use part of this post to respond.

I want to be clear, (shut up Paul) that I did stand behind Margy, and would
for any member of this club. I did not, and will not act against the GSDCA,
but  a number of board members this year have asked me to represent them at
different  times, against what action the board was taking.  It is a tragic
situation,  and one that will be greatly resolved in the upcoming election.

 I would have welcomed a post from a List member who was on the board  to all
of us about this, I am offended that the Club sent this anouncement so  close
to the election. But at least it gave us all a chance to listen to what  has
gone on, and to use it in voting in the next few weeks.  I don't know  how it
was timed to match the ballots, I have not gotten mine yet.

Margy will now have to decide how she wants to react.  She has some  legal
remedies, after all we, the club did elect her, and no charges were made  under
out bylaws. The bylaws require a fee to be paid and a process to be  followed.
It was not.

From this point on, I will avoid taking a position, but I do not want  anyone
to misunderstand what Tish is doing by filling in for Margy. When Margy  was
unable to attend a meeting, she asked Tish to fill in for her. At that
meeting when she was not there, they voted to remove her, to listen to charges
that
were levied, and to hold a Special Board Meeting on those charges. Had she
been there, I doubt it would have happened. Tish was not one of those behind
it.  Also, asking and obtaining Debbie Kaser to run against Margy is a  shame.
Debbie is one of the nicest people you can ever hope to call a friend,  and I
know she did not realize the position she was put into.

It will be up to Margy to say who was the instigator, but you all know the
charges, and the responses.

Each of you should consider carefully when it comes time to vote if we want
a board that will act to ignore the bylaws and to remove an elected  official.
 It is not the charges that cause the problem, it is the action  of the board
in ignoring the process and our bylaws.

I would invite each board member who was involved, running or not, to
address this, and to stand up and be counted. That is what we elected them to
do,
and now is the time to let us know their position.  We deserve no less  than
that.

Evan

Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together