[ SHOWGSD-L ] Itchy bitch part two...food

  • From: <jomarigsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 17:44:24 -0500

Hi all:
I have deterined my puppy most likely does have food allergies.  I switched her
to a food with NO corn.  That seemed to work for a few days and then she went
back to scratching like crazy again.  My new plan is to go wheat and corn free.
 I would love to hear what foods have worked for others with dogs who have
allergies.  She did not care for the last food I switched her to and dropped a
few pounds (which she cant afford).  So I need something which is very tastey
and the higher the fat the better in her case! Ive just put her on lamb and
rice (Blackwood) and hoping that will work, but would like some back up plans.
My old gal with IBD has done very well on the Blackwood Fish and Potatoe, but
that stuff is expensive and Im hoping I dont have to go to that with this one
as well.

Thanks!

Joyce
Jomari Shepherds