[ SHOWGSD-L ] Itchy Bitchy!!

  • From: <jomarigsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:42:00 -0500

I have an 8 month old puppy bitch that is driving me (and her) nuts with
scratching.  I need some ideas here.  She is on flea topicals and I cant find
any signs of fleas (no eggs visible) and my other three dogs are fine.  She is
on Diamond premium food and seems to do well on it, normal stools.  Her coat
looks thin (lacking undercoat), but shiny (I hope she is out of coat).  Her
skin is not flakey.  All my dogs get either flax oil, fish oil or cod liver oil
added to their food in small amounts.  When I bathed her last weekend and blew
her out, I got a good look at her skin and didnt see any red bumps or flaking.
Nothing else has changed in her life, no new carpet or bug spraying.  Only
thing that has recently changed is the cooler weather which I know can dry out
skin (it sure does mine).
Anyone have any suggestions of what I should try?  Ive never had this problem
before.  She is a different bloodline than the rest of my dogs so I really dont
know if this may be inherited.  HELP!!!  My next best guess is to switch food?

Thanks,

Joyce
Jomari Shepherds
Visit us on the web at www.jomarishepherds.com