[ SHOWGSD-L ] It was better then? Not so much.

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: amidon481@xxxxxxx, culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 11:09:05 EDT

In a message dated 7/9/2010 4:57:46 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
amidon481@xxxxxxx writes:
The era  of conformation dogs is over..

I talked to Ducky Lucky, and he said the same thing.

It is different than it was. But we had judges 40 years ago who had us
racing around the ring. We had handlers then who took our German imports, broke
 their spirits so they wouldn't bit the judge and showed them. We had
handlers,  we had breeders and we had kennels with 40 or more dogs.

There are less people in the sport of conformation, but more in herding,
obedience and other venues.

Also, what is with the music of kids today?  We used to be able to
understand the words, and this stuff they listen to is not any good. Why can't
they listen to good sound American singers like Little Richard or The
Coasters?  What's the matter with kids today? Why can't they be like we  were,
perfect in every way?

Yes, times change and we often want to tell each other how much better it
used to be.  We used to be better, and these people today just don't get  it.

But, I do.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/