[ SHOWGSD-L ] It was always thus

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 22:49:07 EST

In a message dated 11/8/2006 9:23:38 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
One Vote  was great, it worked!!!
Most votes Intersex, next dogs, next bitches.
It  was working and i can't see why anyone changed it,

I can answer that. It was because with one vote, or three for every  voter,
it became easy for someone to gather a group and get someone  elected.  The
last year it was used, "he who can not be named" got the  German supporters
together and got elected to the national.

There had been complaints about the one vote for years, and so the board
tried the weighted ballot. I like the judges we have had since, but it will be
up to the board.  It seems either way, some think the system is not  working.

It is not the results that are a problem, it is how the votes are counted
that matters. I like being able to decide the dog, bitch or Special judge.
But, what do I know?

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together