[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: It was a nice weekend for sure, "Ch" Masstana's Midnight Ce...

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: MASSTANA@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:52:06 -0400 (EDT)

you could not have said it any better.

I am going to add a point, one of Thank You to Mrs DePrieto for just
judging the dogs.  I know some of the exhibitors felt that she should've
"spread
the wealth" around, and that she gave it all to one handler.
People....judges who judge dogs are not concerned about who is handling the
dogs.  As a
judge, you cant win, so the best policy is to.....ta  da!....just judge the
dogs. This isnt about "spreading the wealth"....come  on guys.

Just my two cents, on congrats to all the winners.  The BOB was  stunning
too, and no, it wasn't Dexter...LOL

* Ileana  *
Love me, love my dogs.

In a message dated 10/15/2012 12:34:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
MASSTANA@xxxxxxx writes:

Well  while many of our fancy were at the Colorado National we east
coasters
who  remained behind held some specialty shows which managed to hold for
majors.  The GSDC of Gtr New Haven held back to back specialties and  the
Northern New Jersey GSDC held their annual fall specialty.   At New Haven
Mr
Jim Martin (Cinnabar German Shepherds) held forth on  a beautiful day that
held
for 2 points in males and 3 in bitches and I am  pleased to report that
Masstana's Midnight Kiss (our solid black)  won WB for her first major and
total of 8 points. It was even more  special because she was handled by me
and I actually made it around  without passing out!!!  But it was  close.
Many
thanks to  Jim for not penalizing our bitch for having me at  the other end
of  the leash.  It was so much fun.  Of course I retired  after  that
effort.

The afternoon judge was Randy Burdett (Valco German  Shepherds) and we
again
had 2 points in dogs and 3 in bitches. I am  pleased to report that
Masstana's  Midnight Celebration won her 4th  major (7major reserves!!!!)
for a
total of  13 points.  Gala was  2nd in the puppy classes at both the
Canadian and
US  Nationals a few  years back and 3rd in Open at last years National.
Gala  was  shown to perfection by Ariel Cassista.  Thank you so much Ariel
for
your professional job and for your compliments on our girl. Especially
wish
to thank Randy for recognizing Gala's structure and outstanding  gait while

ignoring her totally bald condition.  Don't know why  they have to drop
every single hair when these specialty shows come  around!!!

In both these shows the male winner went BOW and also  earned majors.
Congratulations to Susie Witmer and Gail Sheehan and  their dog Amyr's
Mantauk of
Witmer for his wins.

Then on  Sunday at Northern New Jersey Masstana's Midnight Celebration
(Gala)  won WB again for 2 points and hopefully, pending AKC notification,

finished her championship.  The judge was Terri DiPeitro, an  allrounder
who  has
good knowledge of our breed.  The NNJ ring  was absolutely beautiful  with
freshly mowed grass and probably 120'  by 120' square.  Great ring to
watch
dogs gait at the end of  their leashes.  Big congratulations to Neil
Hawkins
and to  Ileana and Pablo for their dog, Hawkins Johnny D, who won 3  points
in
males and also finished his championship, pending AKC   confirmation.
Beautiful dog and well deserved champion.  Big  thanks  to Gala's regular
handler,
George Berstler, who took the red  eye from Denver and  got here in time to
show both the Winners Dog  and the Winners Bitch!  And  both finished!!
Great job  George!!!  George loves Gala and his first  comment was that he
wishes
she had no points and he could do it all again!   Thanks  but no thanks
Georgie!!!

And of course thanks again to the judge  who was able to put aside Gala's
bald condition and recognize her  quality and award her the points.

All in all a very nice  weekend.  Thanks for listening.

John and Nancy  Vaught
Masstana German Shepherds
POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.