[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: It takes a lot of knowing

  • From: Sandra Kozub <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 09:42:23 -0600

A long time ago, I bred to a MV CH, a beautiful male that was very well known.
His hips did not certify but he came from a line with very good hips.   Anyway,
my girl gave me 8 puppies.   Seven of these pups went on to OFA certify --
no, the 8th dog was not dysplastic.   He went to South America & was x-rayed
& certified by their local organization :)

Sandy

At 10:17 PM 12/3/2004 -0500, you wrote:

>In a message dated 12/3/2004 10:32:53 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
>EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx writes:
>Take  Houston of wildwood and i mention because I co owned him for
>a time he  would not x-ray in hips but very few of his progeny were bad in
>fact
>the  overwellming majority were good Maybe because people knew of his hips
>and
>used him wisely.He had sooooo much to offer to the breed.
>

>You need to listen to people like Fred, they have the knowledge and records
>to give strength to what they say. As he posted Houston produced good hips,
>and  yet would not OFA. We took a Houston daughter and bred her to a dog
>with an
>  elbow that would not certify and ended up with Ben and Dealer who each
>became  ROM and seldom produced a hip or elbow problem.  They both
>certified good
>hips and elbows, and we did that breeding as we knew that Houston had a hip
>that  after six years, had not changed, and yet the OFA did not accept it.
>
>It was Tedi who understood the values that were there, and knew how to  breed
>away from the problem. It is that knowledge and ability to breed better  dogs
>that provide our best animals. If you ignore a dog because of one trait,  and
>all the littermates, you will end up with average dogs.    It  helped that
>she had seen ten generations or so behind Ben and Dealer, and that  she knew
>what it meant and how to use the dogs in a breeding program.
>

>Evan
>_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
>http://www.asgardgsd.com/
>Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together

>POST is Copyrighted 2004.  All material remains the property of the
>original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
>FORWARDS of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the
>original author  AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

>FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION WILL
>BE PROSECUTED.

>VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://www.showgsd.org

Sandra Kozub
KcK Kennels