[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: It is time for open dialog

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: vande001@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 09:22:39 EDT

If it is that vital, why are we having issues?  My take:  This  competition
is vital, therefore the WDA will allocate $10,000 every year to  cover the
cost.  This money will be generated by the following
means....a....b....c.....etc.   That looks like a viable way to cover  a vital
expense.

Waiting for donations when the time is running short, and when the risk of
being removed as the representative for the US is present, it shows lack
of organization and management. Sad, as the team intentions is to represent
the US.  What a letdown.

Just my opinion, of course.

Ileana

In a message dated 8/5/2009 1:04:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
vande001@xxxxxxxxx writes:
I  understand what you mean, Diane, but, the WDA competing in world events
is  more than just some fanciers pursuing a hobby.  It is a vital part of
the  GSDCA remaining part of the world union and holding USA at bay.  If we,
as the GSDCA, stop competing, then we run a huge risk of being removed from
the world union and USA being the United States breed representative  body.
 If the GSDCA feels that it is willing to give up its seat on the  world
union, then so be it, but until that happens I believe we should all
understand the finances involved for this endeavor and where short falls (if
any)
occur and develop a sound plan to assist our team.  This can take  many
forms...I am not necessarily promoting a handout here.  I think that  we first
need to understand the finances and issues; which means that the WDA  has to
be more open and honest with the GSDCA membership.   Cynthia

Ileana