[ SHOWGSD-L ] It is the time after all

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 10:57:43 -0400 (EDT)

We have reaced the date to bash our board.  (I thought it would never  get
here).
Again, we are talking about secret meetings, limitations on communication,
how they are working against us, and meeting with only the intent to keep
us  little people down.

While I do appreciate tradition, and we do this every year, it is incumbant
 on us to try to be realistic about our club and those who represent us.

I doubt if anyone on this board wants to destroy the club.  They may  not
agree with us, or they may take a direction that doesn't please us, but they
have good intentions and I feel safe in saying that all the board members
think  that what they are doing is in the best interest of the breed, the
club and the  members.

That does not mean I agree with them and everything they do. But, anyone
who attended a board meeting will admit, they work hard, express strong
opinions  and try to do the best they can.

We in return, owe them the duty to criticize them, give them our opinions
and stand up and disagree.  But, when doing so, we should remember the
costs of serving, and the limited returns they get.

I am very criticle of some of what is going on. If, as I am told the
reserves are under $400,000 (as one board member told me), or uner $200,000 as
another said, then we have a real crisis in our club.  I leave it to them  to
solve, but we need to make our voices heard that the GSDCA comes first over
 any other activity.

Be strong in what you believe in supporting the club, the members and the
breed. But, also appreciate the work that our board does for us and give
them  the respect they deserve.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together