[ SHOWGSD-L ] It is not about hate

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Oct 2006 10:08:42 EDT

Someone asked me this morning why I hate breeders.

What are breeders?  To me Breeders are those who truly know what they  are
doing. They breed dogs that get better each generation. They do health
screenings.  They proudly (and deservingly so) show the fruit of their  labor.
And
they love their animals.

I don't hate those people. I admire them.

The people that bother me are those who breed, and breed, and breed, and
maybe get a good one every 7 or 8 litters (it is a numbers game, it is bound to

happen). So they sell a couple more litters to show this pup, collect the
ribbons and use those same ribbons to qualify their "breeding programs" and
impress the unsuspecting buyers.  Yes, we do have some of those people  amongst
us.  And sadly, every breed does too.  They have puppies for  sell at any time
of the year. They discount the older ones (12-14 weeks) because  they start to
eat more, and become more costly. It is all about the money.

Those people bother me.  I don't hate them, but they do bother me.  Because I
see how many of them complain against Mr. Hunte. It is not due to any
altruistic motive. It is competition.

So please, lets get the record straight.  Breeders are not the  problem.  I
don't hate anyone in dogs, I don't spend my energy that  way.

Ileana
God  put me on this earth to accomplish
a certain number of things. Right now I
am so far behind, I'll never die.