[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: It don't mean a thing, if it don't have that dog....

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, "'freelist'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 10:15:41 -0700

Bravo, Ed, you are so right. We all know about the economy and how hard the
every day life is for many people. But this is a show list and we have the
right to be concerned about our dogs, showing and the National. What happens
outside of this little world of ours may have an impact on the decisions we
are forced to make, but it is also good to be able to dream and reach for
the sometimes impossible. Handlers' fees? I've had them up to ying-yang and
my credit cards' total scared the jibbies out of me. Needless to say I am
not rich, but what a great time I had with the dogs - and I'll do it again
short of losing my house. LOL
Lee F.

From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>
dog....
To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx, lfossland@xxxxxxx, marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 4:52 AM

I know this is a doggy list, but it amazes me the worry over flying a dog
when N. Korea and Iran, our government's incomprehensible spending,
unemployment rising for the foreseeable future, states going broke, slow to
nil
economic recovery etc. are all on the radar screen.

I gotta' tell you, difficulties encountered when flying dogs and National
attendance are not even on my list of things to worry about....

It's my understanding that the club lost a bunch in TX.  (I know
someone...or a dozen "someones", lol, will correct me if I'm wrong).

Maybe as far as the club is concerned, the fiscally prudent thing would be
to dial it back to several regional nationals for a while.

We've all heard the stories ~  people refinancing their homes to go to  the
National / special a dog. Someone returning from the National to find their
home foreclosed on.  (Begs the question...what the hell were they doing
even going to the National???)  Handlers' bills stretching over years.
Others laid off and can't afford to feed their dogs. There's a whole bunch
of
doggy enthusiast living from paycheck to paycheck and I hope they don't
find
themselves in a spot where they look back and regret not having a 6-12
month cushion.  I think it's "hoping" in vain on my part though.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations of Dual Titled TC'd  Champions
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 6/23/2009 7:18:38 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dan-ann@xxxxxxxx writes:

It  amazes me the concern about the National and the futurities while the
basis for our club is slipping away -  The specialty-  -   take a look at
the
entry numbers   -

Sally

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377052x1201454391/aol?redir=htt
p://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?scf8072&hmpgIDb&bcd=Jun
eExcfooterNO62)

OST is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the original