[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: It Comes and Goes/ a true story

  • From: "Beryl" <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 14:45:25 -0800

I will tell you a story that is true. This was probably in the mid to late
70's or very early 80's.
My husband (Russ) was an AKC licensed handler. He conducted conformation
classes for the Del Valle Dog Club of Livermore, CA.
He had some one new to his class one evening, I don't recall the breed after
all these years, but it was not a  GSD.
During the stand for examination, my husband found that this male dog only
had one descended testicle. My husband asked the age of the dog and then
told the owner that undecended testicles (zero or one) would be a
disqualifying fault in the breed ring.
The handler responded with "Oh, he is doing THAT again !", then he hit the
dog, mid back and asked to have the dog examined again. My husband did check
again and YES, there were two !!
For years he liked to tell "dog people" about the "yo yo" testicle !
It's been far to many years for me to remember if that happened any other
time.
Beryl Eshom
Arelee
Davis, CA