[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Is not the message........

  • From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:53:01 +0000

The whole point is, they are a part of us to keep us in the WUSV.  There are a
lot of members who think that that is important.  The only reason they are not
just another committee is that AT THAT TIME the AKC wouldn't allow the PC to
have a schutzhund group.  Things have changes with 911 to include the formation
of the Working Dog Program initiated by Carmen.  Now it is more "acceptable"
and perhaps we should drive to bring the WDA completely into the fold.  It is
just another aspect of the breed, like agility, herding, obedience, and
tracking.
We were seperated STRICTLY because of the AKC's stand which no longer exists.
I understand that folks think that there could be a conflict of interest for
Board members who serve on two boards.  I'm not disputing the folks questioning
specifically that - never really considered it.  However, I do dispute that the
WDA should be a completely seperate entity.  I've said it before and I'll say
it again - THEY ARE US!    I think folks might be surprised by the number of
even list members who are WDA members.  Personally, I am and darned proud of it!
--
Suzanne
www.tsalishepherds.com