[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Is anybody out there?

  • From: "LeAnne - EagleRock" <eaglerockgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:26:14 -0700

Bob, funny you should mention the rare breed shows as I attended my first
one this weekend in Seattle, WA and like you said .... it was a blast!  Not
only did my Fonzi (AKA Am/Can. Ch. Jomar's EagleRock JR Fonseca, HIC, CGC,
TC, OFA H/E) earn his International title to make him a triple champion, he
also went Group 1 and gave me my first trip into the BIS ring!   Fonzi was
bred by Bonnie Calloway of Jomar Shepherds in Surrey, B.C. Canada.

It was a fun and worthwhile venue and I really liked how casual and laid
back everything seemed to be.  I mainly entered for the written critique
that each judge gives you after examining your dog.  It takes a bit more
time and things move alot slower than an AKC/CKC ring but it's also nice to
know what a judge thought of your dog instead of having to second guess
him/her.  The added plus is that I met alot of new friends and even helped
out in a pinch with handling a few other breeds I had no idea about - I now
know what a Leonberger is!  And boy, are they big!  LOL

LeAnne
EagleRock German Shepherds - Lynden, WA