[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ireland update

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 09:40:34 EDT

I'm saying I think a landlord, (in this case the government of Ireland
funded by the taxpayers), can make whatever "rules" they want when they are
footing the bill for housing and if those rules say no large dogs in subsidized

housing, then it's not at all troublesome to me.

If you invested in Real Estate Paula, say you bought and refurbished a few
houses, rented them to low income individuals but the bulk of your check came
from our government under our "Section 8" program, and you said "no pets"  or
"no dogs over a certain size/weight", not only would I think that would be
prudent, it would also be none of my business.  In fact, IN AREAS WHERE
LANDLORDS ALLOW PETS there ARE limits (18 inches max 35 lbs. at maturity,
spayed/neutered by six months...see below, I've included the law.)

Ireland isn't banning these breeds, they are saying they don't want them in
housing THEY are paying for.

I've included the portion of the US law below that applies:

Area XV MCHA will allow only common  household pets. This  means only
domesticated animals such as a dog, cat, bird, rodent (including a  rabbit),
fish in
aquariums or a turtle will be allowed in units. Common  household pets do not
include reptiles (except turtles). If this definition conflicts with a state
or  local law or regulation, the state or local law or regulation shall
govern.
All dogs and cats must be spayed or neutered  before they become six months
old. A licensed veterinarian must verify this  fact.
Cats must be de-clawed before they become  six months old.  A licensed
veterinarian must verify this fact.
Only one pet per unit will be  allowed.
Any animal deemed to be potentially harmful  to the health or safety of
others, including attack or fight trained dogs, will  not be allowed.
No animal may exceed 18 inches in height and  thirty-five pounds in weight
projected to full adult size.
Inoculations
In order to be registered, pets must be appropriately  inoculated against
rabies, distemper and other conditions prescribed by state  and/or local
ordinances. They must comply with all other state and local public  health,
animal
control, and anti-cruelty laws including any licensing  requirements. A
certification signed by a licensed veterinarian or state or  local official
shall be
annually filed with Area XV MCHA to attest to the  inoculations.

Pet Deposit
Upon approval of a pet by Area XV MCHA, the  resident shall be required to
pay a monthly fee of $15.00; due with each month's  rent payment.  A refundable
pet deposit of $200 will be required.  The $15.00 monthly fee is for general
costs to the Housing Authority associated  with the presence of pets.  The
refundable  deposit is to cover costs attributed to damage caused by specific
pets

In a message dated 7/16/2007 1:15:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Kathy,  forgive me if I am misunderstanding your post, but, are you =

implying  that BSL is nothing to be too concerned about if it is only =

being  imposed on the lower classes/the poor??  =

Paula, 91 days and  counting

From:  Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 21:53:10 EDT
Subject: Re:  Ireland update
=

In a message dated 7/15/2007 10:47:48 A.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,  =

gsprock@xxxxxxx writes:
"We  believe  this is an infringement of civil liberties.

I copied this from the  article in Gail's post.  I think what we  need =

to remember  that this is the equivalent of subsidized housing or what =

we call  here "Section 8" housing.  No one is saying these dogs are  =

banned from  living in cities, just from subsidized  housing.  =

=

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three   generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit  www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds =