[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Invisible Fencing...no exceptions

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx, GretchAnya@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 08:33:31 EST

Yes, I would deny you the option.  As has been said time and time  again,
even IF an invisible fence keeps your dogs IN, it doesn't keep other  things
OUT.
 I get too many calls Jess with crying owners on the phone  looking for a new
puppy where a dog has gotten out, power went out  or something else got in
for me to bend on this one.

And you ask "I also know of many dogs who live in a fenced in yard and get
NO attention and NO training. Is that any better?"  Of course not.  It  isn't
an "either-or" situation, so no need to throw something unrelated into the
discussion.

For me it's all about finding the BEST home and NEITHER an invisible fence
OR a dog outside in a yard all day w/ no attention qualifies.

I haven't had a litter in 2+ years.  I have a waiting list of  qualified
homes. My definition of "qualified" may not be everyone's (not  that I'll lose
sleep),  but I don't have to compromise.

And just to clarify, I'm talking about electric fence buried under the
ground.  An actual fence that is electrified to keep (bad, lol!) dogs from
trying
to go over or under, I don't have a problem with.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 1/2/2009 10:24:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

If I  enquired about buying a dog from you - you would deny me the option of
purchasing a puppy because my dogs live behind an Invisible Fence even though
 my dogs are housedogs, get conditioned almost every evening (weather
permitting), get titles and are perfect family dogs?

I don't agree with  the letter that the gentleman wrote, but I do somewhat
disagree with a blanket  statement of NO Ivisible Fences.. I also know of many,
many dals who live  behind invisible fences and they are just as tough, just
as prey driven and  just as stubborn as some dals.

I think it is time to evaluate the  situation and the people before the
fence... I also know of many dogs who live  in a fenced in yard and get NO
attention and NO training. Is that any  better?

BTW: Remember, there is the storebought invisible fence and the  INVISIBLE
FENCE.... Be careful which one you  describe.

JMHO...

JessM.