[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Invisible Fencing

  • From: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx, gretchanya@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 02:58:43 -0800 (PST)

Oh, and it wouldn't matter one iota that your dogs get conditioned almost every
evening ( weather permitting ), get titles and are perfect family dogs.
Colleen Donnelly

 Hunde Haus ~ My Blog!

We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.
Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.~ Elie Wiesel

________________________________
From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>

So I have a question about Invisible Fencing. I grew up in the sport of dogs,
have always had 5 or more dogs and have had client dogs. I now have three acres
with an acre and a half with Invisible Fencing and I have two GSDs that live
behind it. One has multiple titles and the other is a
youngster.

If I enquired about buying a dog from you - you would deny me the option of
purchasing a puppy because my dogs live behind an Invisible Fence even though
my dogs are housedogs, get conditioned almost every evening (weather
permitting), get titles and are perfect family dogs?

I don't agree with the letter that the gentleman wrote, but I do somewhat
disagree with a blanket statement of NO Ivisible Fences.. I also know of many,
many dals who live behind invisible fences and they are just as tough, just as
prey driven and just as stubborn as some dals.

I think it is time to evaluate the situation and the people before the fence...
I also know of many dogs who live in a fenced in yard and get NO attention and
NO training. Is that any better?

BTW: Remember, there is the storebought invisible fence and the INVISIBLE
FENCE.... Be careful which one you describe.

JMHO...

JessM.
Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com) & The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, TC, CGC, TDI,
HIC & Pepper HIC).