[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Invisible Fencing

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: silverwoodsgsd@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:34:58 -0800 (PST)

Jan has very sweet dogs and there is no doubt in my mind she would take the
time to train her dogs to the invisible fence. I have 7 acres that I boundary
train my dogs to. I have been there 16 years trained many dogs to the boundary
and have had only one dog cross the boundary to go eat horse offerings. Izzy
lives by Izzy's rules :0)  I have had a male that was so determined to be with
me that he backed up and jumped right though an electric fence. It was hot
enough to burn the skin. As long as he was with me he was fine but there was
nothing that could hold that male if he wanted to be with me. There is no
guarantee that any form of containment will work. Gates get left open,
batteries die in collars,dogs learn to climb or dig. One day they are tall
enough to flip the latch on the kennel door an out they go. Life happens.

  Merry Christmas,
  Terry in not so warm AZ :0)
LeDoux Jan <silverwoodsgsd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  This is in response to my post on invisble fencing yes everyone has opinions,
good and bad experiences on everything.
That is why I posted my experience and opinion we have had it two yrs now.
I am not sure if the experiences and stories you have been told the Invisible
Fencing has been put in by the officially owned Invisiable Fencing company
there are many cheaper versions that you can buy over internet or at local
stores... there is also the options of buying it actually for the original
Invisible Fencing company and installing it yourself..Ours was installed
professionally and we are on the battery program and the batteries that go on
the Collars that the Collars alone cost $250.00 need to be replaced every 4
months and if you do not replace them they flat do not work.
My post started as a simple qustion and sharing a good experience we have had
with our dogs. I rarely post so I do hope this does not turn into a bashing
thing...
Your probably right there are people that have had bad experiences but again I
was just sharing our experience and people we know that had them put in by
professionals and replace their batteries regularly. But appreciate you sharing
your experiences as well!

Jan
http://www.silverwoodgermanshepherds.com

http://mail.yahoo.com

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

http://mail.yahoo.com