[ SHOWGSD-L ] Interpreting the Standard.....(Illustrated Standard)....

  • From: TamarinGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 23:05:23 EDT

I revisited my old/not so old book, The German Shepherd Dog by Ernest H.
Hart, published in 1985.
In Chapter 12, Interpreting the Standard, E. H. Hart's comments are worth
reading. In his concluding paragraphs........"This being impossible to do with
words, the only other way to accomplish this visibility is by accompanying the
text with carefully rendered illustrations."

"This being IMPOSSIBLE TO DO WITH WORDS, the only other way to accomplish
this VISIBILITY is by ACCOMPANYING the text with CAREFULLY RENDERED
ILLUSTRATIONS."

The pending Illustrated Standard needs to be set aside. The rush to finalize
it could be a lasting disaster. I agree with Helen Fisher.

Erika Buckley & the Tamarin GSD's