[ SHOWGSD-L ] Interesting thought, re Mr Hunte

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:48:19 EST

Hi Guys
I was just thinking, does anybody know for CERTAIN that Mr Hunte is also
dealing in GSDs..????  What if his membership is purely a personal one? For
his
and his wife's own use?  They do own GSD show dogs or dog, yes?

I mean, let me play Devil's Advocate here for a second.   We are  ALL
concerned about animals and how they are treated, I think that is a  given.
But
what if the owner of Tyson Chicken applied for a personal  membership?  Ever
been
in a commercial chicken house/factory?  Want to  talk cruel, filthy, cramped
and just disgusting conditions?  How about if  the owners of Hormel or Jimmy
Dean meat packing plants wanted to join for  personal use?  Ever seen how
cattle / pigs are killed or how they are  transported to these places?  Would
we
automatically exclude them, because  we find their business distasteful?

Has anyone on this list actually TALKED to Mr Hunte?   I  realize you may
want to vehemently disagree here, but while "we" collectively  are trying and
convicting him without his ability to defend himself, we seem to  want to
forget
that there are those among us that have WAAAAAY too many  dogs, do waay to
many breedings, breed dogs with serious issues with NO  compunction about it,
and
sell same to the public, and even to the rest of us,  without a single care
as to the impact on families , on peers and most of all on  the breed.   But
some of these people are welcomed as  members, some even revered.....why is
that
okay????
Why aren't their memberships up for denial when they  renew????   Please
explain how we can deny one and not the  others.

Don't yell at me, lolol, I am only trying to see ALL SIDES of this issue,
not just the emotional ones.

Kathy

_Victory German  Shepherds_ (http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/index.htm)
 ~ WEBSITE UPDATED: DEC 14,  2006
Home of CH. ELVASTON'S NATIONS CUP, TC, OFA H/E DNA'D  "NITRO"
26 BISS/ BESTS OF BREED TO  DATE 2006 PACIFIC COAST VICTOR