[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Interesting blurb about California

  • From: "pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 18:21:04 GMT

That is a joke; who is going to enforce it?  Realtors aren't the ones who
are/were responsible for the pets; the home owner should not walk away
Scot-free from crimes against animals and other property.  Why aren't they
being charged with these abuses???  What if they leave their children?  Do the
banks and/or realtors have to adopt them, too?

The NEW realtors in California, the ones here because of the high foreclosure
rate, are in the same class as Used Car Salesmen.  The tricks they pull, the
lack of integrity, is appalling.  No regulations get in their way, either.
They just move on to another agency, working under each others licenses and
parent company offices in other States.  It is an amazing case of Caveat
Emptor.  Watch your back when dealing in real estate in California.  And have a
good lawyer handy!  And don't trust the so-called bonded inspection companies,
either.  There is no licensing, no regulation of their industry.  They can just
copy the same inspection over and over, whether for termites or structural
issues.

I haven't been stung, this isn't sour grapes, this is just what I am observing.
 I am one of the lucky ones, but, I really did my homework first.  Sometimes we
make our own luck, eh?  :-)

Paula, 281 days and counting

Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 08:29:05 -0800 (PST)
From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Interesting blurb about California

This just in from my foreclosure pet group:
Realtors in California must now take responsibility
for pets left behind when a home is foreclosed.   At the very
least, this should prevent pets from starving to death when their owners
abandon
them.
At least the animals will not be left to die of starvation!
Dawn
Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to: