[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Interesting Question to the List!!

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 12:40:05 -0600

NO -- it is not the only breed with the word DOG in it.
SHETLAND SHEEPDOG,    BERNESE MOUNTAIN DOG,
just to name a couple off the top of my head..There may be more,
but then I've also been in this a very long time and there's always
new things I can learn.   The WHY part I do remember something,
but can't recall what it was.  I love to tell folks that Germany and
the British Isles are the two locations who've given us the largest
number of breeds. The GREAT  DANE is a German breed and
so is the POODLE German, not French like so many folks think.
It is an interesting question and I look forward to the response
from Da List --- Da Best --- and smartest like the GSDs. Ha!
Norma no L          Happy to be back in cyberspace with you!