[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Interesting Decline Conformation

  • From: "Cynthia Van Den Berge" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "vande001@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "<showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 16:11:31 -0600

The purebred dog, bred, raised and loved by a good breeder is now a social
outcast.  "Adopt, don't shop" is the average person's philosophy today.  So
while dogs are as popular as ever, my thinking is that the well bred dog who is
a good representative of its breed is not.  The AKC knows this...hence an
organization which once was the bastion of purebred dogs has changed its tune.
I am not optimistic of this tide changing....especially if you take the pulse
of the general population via social media.  A few weeks ago someone posted
that Finland had banned the purchase of dogs until all shelter dogs were
adopted....totally a fabricated story, but you should have read all the
comments supporting such a ridiculous idea.
Of course all of this affects the sport of conformation.  I do not see things
changing.
Cynthia

Sent from my iPad