[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Interesting Ad

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, lfossland@xxxxxxx, lcolarte@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:18:16 -0800

I think the biggest message we need to give (among many other BIGGEST messages)
is that Humane Society of the United States has NOTHING to do with the local
humane societies and indeed have co-opted the name for the fundraising
possibilities and the COVER it gives them for their underlying goals of
veganism and absolute non-ownership of any animal.
Not just not breeding, but not OWNING an animal for any use.

Stormy
On Dec 12, 2008, at 3:55:00 AM, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 12/11/2008 10:19:02 P.M. Central Standard Time,
lfossland@xxxxxxx writes:
I called the local Humane Society, "The Humane Society of Southern Arizona"
and asked
them if they get any financial aid from the HSUS and the answer was "not a
penny, ever". From that time on I only supported the locals and just toss
anything that come from HSUS. Oh yes, they sent me calendars, address
labels, and all that jazz together with a form to pledge
After hurricanes down here our locals are inundated....after hurricane
Katrina alone they had taken in over 100 animals beyond their limit. They also
get no support from the HSUS. We do support them at a local level. I split
dog food coupons now between Last Hope and the locals. One good thing that did
come out of Katrina here....I badgered the feed stores so badly that now the
locals tell me they have 6 feed stores that bring 1 or 2 40 lb bags in
monthly. The local community had no idea our shelter was unfunded by the
national
organization, but they do now.