[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Interesting

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:30:20 -0800 (PST)

No falling off the ladder this year!!!!!
  You have a really wonderful Christmas
  Terry
Beryl Eshom <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I have read some of the posts under the topic, "interesting". In the
interest of time (mine) I am jumping in here without reading all of them.

I know from past experience that a good working relationship between
specialty clubs and an all breed club can pull majors

Diablo Valley GSD did have agreement with the Del Valle Dog club of
Livermore, CA. for several years.
Del Valle had several specialty clubs that supported entries and they hired
specialty judges.

They gave us a large ring, we would have our specialty one day and a
supported entry the next day, again with a large ring and a specialty judge.
There were at that time a good number of judges who were Shepherd people who
had a license for other breeds. The specialty judge for our show would often
be hired the next day by Del Valle of another breed.

The major complaint then, which would probably be the same now, is that
other breed people continually complained about the double handling in the
Shepherd ring.

It can be done, but it takes cooperation between the Kennel club and the
Specialty club. It was successful, but eventually Del Valle opted for more
shows, a different date etc., which sometimes was the same date as our
National

Somewhere in the back of my brain and or files I could pull up the
statistic's. I can't do it now, Christmas "nut" that I am, I have way to
much to do!

Beryl Eshom....who hasn't decorated the "dog" tree yet", I must do that
soon!

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original

http://mail.yahoo.com