[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Insist to persist.....

  • From: Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx
  • To: uwish@xxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:14:46 EST

In a message dated 2/18/2005 5:58:29 AM Mountain Standard Time,
uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Could those of you
> who are involved in tracking, rescue work please let me know what it
> entails?
Barbara, I started out with obedience and rescue #% years ago, and I can tell
you that rescue training is great fun but also takes alot of physical
strength.  You have to practice in many different kinds of terrain and some,
like
mountains and desert, made struggling thru tall grass or alfalfa fields a
breeze.
It was very exciting when one of our team made a "find" and interesting to
watch how GSD's not only ground-scent but air-scent as well.  They are terrific
at the job, but I would think tracking (never tried that) would be just as
much fun and not so physically arduous.
Jamie
P.S.  If you decide on rescue, start stocking up now on mosquito repellant.  <