[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Input wanted

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: <dogsrluv@xxxxxxx>, GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 00:44:08 +0000

We've had two....both very different.

Jewel's mass developed very rapidly.....our Vet needle biopsied it

and it came back a "very aggresive" highly metastatic cancer.

We took her home and showered her with attention...any special food

she loved and any thing else she wanted.  She was gone within 5 weeks.

Sassy's mass had well defined walls and no apparent attachment to the

muscle.  She had a radical mastectomy done.....3 breasts and lymph nodes.

The pathology report said it was a grade 5 carcinoma.  We consulted an

Vet Oncologist....she felt we could pass on the chemo as there was just the

smallest of borders on the mass that was questionable.   That was almost

5 years ago.  She is now 9 1/2 and doing very well.

 -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
 -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds
 -bedkar@xxxxx
 -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com