[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Innocent until proven Guilty???

  • From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
  • To: cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:18:06 EDT

Smarter, and better connected, people than Vick have been caught and
convicted of crimes.
 I don't think for one minute that he's innocent and it's a disgrace  that
someone like him is a 'sports hero' to our young people and a hero to so  many
football fans.
These football fans who are also responsible citizens need to be screaming
bloody murder and letting the falcon hierarchy and the NFL know that they will
not support such.

Sports heroes used to be worthy of the hero worship of their fans. They  have
become predominantly, but not entirely, a group of selfish, criminalistic,
crybabies who offer nothing to society except a few hours of high-priced
entertainment.

Shaquille O'Neal, Tiger Woods and many others are notable exceptions but as
a whole, I feel the quality of our sports icons has degenerated terribly.

I am an avid pro basketball and PBR bull riding fan but enjoy most other
sports as well. I think, overall, the bull riders are probably the most worthy
of their sports hero status. They don't make a lot on average, but they don't
whine, they don't 'lay out' for a stubbed toe for 2 weeks, they ride injured
week after week, they don't pitch little public fits when things don't suit
them, they respect the rules and their competitors, they appreciate their fans
and they care about, respect and idolize the bulls they go up against. And
their  lives are on the line with every ride. It's quite amazing to hear them
talk with  great respect and awe about the attributes of the great PBR bulls,
especially  the ones they lose to week after week. They are absolutely, in my
opinion, the  toughest athletes in pro sports.

And then we have a sports hero like the 'great' Michael Vick. Totally
disgusting. I won't be buying a Falcon ticket as long as he's on the team.  And
I've
told them so. Not that they'd care :-) but, if enough people tell them  so,
they'll start to.

Write them !!!  ......And the NFL. !!
lynda

Check out  our websites below for regular updates
Gene Workman
Lynda  Bragg-Workman
Falkrigia Shepherds
_www.falkrigiashepherds.com_ (http://www.falkrigiashepherds.com/)