[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Innocent until proven Guilty???

  • From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:56:27 -0400

I used to think bullriding was tough on the bulls...I don't think so
anymore.  Most of the bulls who are "on the circuit" will buck like mad
without a bucking strap, but of course, they put the strap on to ensure
a good round.

    I once got caught in a stall with a big horse who objected to having
the back strap of his blanket attached.  I was so sure that he
objected to it being too tight...guess what?  I put that blanket on and
hooked up the straps myself...and not one part of the strap
was touching him...that sucker tried to kill me anyway.  He just didn't
want it on.  That's when I started paying attention to how
tight the straps were on bucking bulls...not very, I discovered.  Then,
when they started the PBR association, I REALLY paid attention...
the straps are taut but not that taut...and I've yet to see a cattle
prod anywhere around at those events.
  The PBR is a lot different than old time rodeos...and raising those
bulls is a big, expensive business...I don't think too many people
would take a chance on hurting the bulls just to make them buck.   There
are also the nights they come out of the pen and just look
around, and don't buck at all...strap notwithstanding.  Sometimes they
just don't feel like it, I guess.
Peggy