[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Innocent until proven Guilty???

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 16:44:43 -0400

Paula,
I used to compete in rodeo events.? Ok, they will only let women do barrel
racing and goat tying and team roping.? Anyway, I have attended many, many
rodeos.? There is a real misconception from the general public as to how the
animals are treated.? I have been zapped with a cattle prod.? No big deal, just
wakes you up a bit.? It is not even closely related to the stun gun they use
for slaughter.? Try a taser or an electrical outlet.? Yikes!? The cattle prod
is about the same as an electric fence.? The bucking strap is like a training
collar for dogs.? The animals are trained to do certain thing when it is put on
them.? Overall, the animals are treated very well.? They are the promoter's
bread and butter.? These animals do a job and when they are done, they are
treated well.? The spurs used are dulled.? The animals really feel no pain.?
They are just doing their job.? I have no issue with rodeo animals like I do
with Bull Fighting.? Want to talk cruel??

Laura Thomas

P.S. Most rodeos have a rep from the ASPCA to make sure the animals are treated
well.?

From: MAJTEACH@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:43:33 EDT
Subject: Re: Innocent until proven Guilty???
 =

In a message dated 7/18/2007 10:37:57 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  =

Falkrigia@xxxxxxx writes:
 =

overall, the bull riders are probably the most worthy  =

of their  sports hero status. They don't make a lot on average, but =

they don't whine, they don't 'lay out' for a stubbed toe for 2 weeks, =

they ride injured week after week, they don't pitch little public =

fits when  things don't suit them, they respect the rules and their =

competitors, they appreciate their fans and they care about, respect =

and idolize the bulls they go up against. And their lives are on the =

line with  every ride. It's quite amazing to hear them talk with  =

great respect and awe about the attributes of the great PBR =

bulls, especially  the  ones they lose to week after week. They are =

absolutely, in my opinion,  the  toughest athletes in pro sports.

I do agree with you on this, but include all of the rodeo athletes.   =

Living in Las Vegas, we get a chance to observe the greats of this =

sport. They are all over town, signing autographs (without asking for =

money), talking to fans, and taking time with the kids.  Each year, =

they sponsor an event for special needs children.  When one is hurt, =

they all help out. This is a group to look up to.

Colette

MANNER
ALL

AOL at AOL.com.