[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Innocent until proven Guilty???

  • From: "pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:58:35 GMT

Oh, yeah.  Now there is a nice humane "sport" for you!!  Right up =

there with dog-fighting. Nothing like a good old bucking strap or =

cattle prod to convince an animal to compete!!
Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Paula, 88 days and counting

From: MAJTEACH@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:43:33 EDT
Subject: Re: Innocent until proven Guilty???
 =

In a message dated 7/18/2007 10:37:57 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,  =

Falkrigia@xxxxxxx writes:
 =

overall, the bull riders are probably the most worthy  =

of their  sports hero status. They don't make a lot on average, but =

they don't whine, they don't 'lay out' for a stubbed toe for 2 weeks, =

they ride injured week after week, they don't pitch little public =

fits when  things don't suit them, they respect the rules and their =

competitors, they appreciate their fans and they care about, respect =

and idolize the bulls they go up against. And their lives are on the =

line with  every ride. It's quite amazing to hear them talk with  =

great respect and awe about the attributes of the great PBR =

bulls, especially  the  ones they lose to week after week. They are =

absolutely, in my opinion,  the  toughest athletes in pro sports.

I do agree with you on this, but include all of the rodeo athletes.   =

Living in Las Vegas, we get a chance to observe the greats of this =

sport. They are all over town, signing autographs (without asking for =

money), talking to fans, and taking time with the kids.  Each year, =

they sponsor an event for special needs children.  When one is hurt, =

they all help out. This is a group to look up to.

Colette