[ SHOWGSD-L ] Injured Clayton Co. K-9 receives big donation

  • From: Stormy Hope <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 08:41:40 -0700

Injured Clayton Co. K-9 receives big donation
http://www.11alive.com/news/article/208316/40/CLAYTON-Injured-K-9-receives-big-donation

RIVERDALE, Ga. -- Wednesday night, 11Alive News aired the story of
Lakota, a Clayton County K-9 in critical condition after he and his
police officer partner were injured in the line of duty.

The K-9 was ejected from his seat during a  that left his partner,
Officer Travis Fox, in the hospital as well. The officer and his wife
Corey agreed to adopt Lakota, but in doing so, they were stuck with
thousands of dollars in surgery costs for the dog.

Thanks to two people who watched that story, we have to great news to
report.

A husband and wife who own pet stores across Metro Atlanta have
stepped up to fund Lakota's entire surgery.

"Laying in bed, dozing off, we saw the 10 p.m. news and saw the story
about Lakota," Shannon Martin said. "We just wanted to help."

And just how did she and her husband Mark plan to help? By offering to
pay the entire $3,000 cost of the surgery.

The Martins also arranged for free dog food for life for Lakota and a
great deal on whatever equipment Lakota needs next.

At the end of the day, the officer's wife, Corey Fox, spoke with
Shannon on the phone to thank her.

"We appreciate everything," Fox said. "The fact that Lakota's getting
all this love, I just know he's gonna heal faster."

To learn more about Lakota, click here.