[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Information on "odd" dogs??

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Stormy V. Hope'" <stormy435@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 14:00:56 -0800

In the wild....they get carbs from the gut of their 'kill'.......but they are
all pre-digested. <G>
Maybe our dogs are "odd".....( shut up Paul ) <G>
BUT left to their own...our dogs will always go into the garden and eat
Zucchini, & carrots. They also will pick blackberries with me...AND... they
ONLY pick and eat the ripe blackberries! <G> Also, some seem to like
Cantaloupe rind. When I managed a restaurant I brought home all the cores of
the lettuce that was removed from the lettuce that day in a big box to feed to
the geese we had. The dogs would line up on one side, and the geese on the
other and all would SNATCH a lettuce core for themselves and come back for more
if the geese left any.
Also....when we had
horses and had them shod...the dogs would line up and wait for their share of
horse hoof trimmings to eat....with RELISH. The Farrier said almost all of
his clients dogs would do that if allowed. I personally don't
think we can pinpoint exactly what they MUST eat or used to eat for
survival...and nothing else should be allowed in their diet......except maybe
no Chocolate. <G>
Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com