[ SHOWGSD-L ] Information About YOU

  • From: Jami Vander Kooi <thekooiet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 11:32:48 -0800 (PST)

Good Afternoon Fancy Friends!
I am in the process of gathering information for an essay that I am writing in
regards to "The Art of the Fancy: A Rare Breed."

I don't intend for that to be an all too serious statement; it's just a little
play on words.

Aside from the title and more seriously, I'm very interested in the
demographics of people involved in the show world - where it was in the past,
and where it's headed in the future.  And why is it the way it is?  What can we
do about it? (do we see a decline or increase in interest---why?)  What has
been successful and what has not?....etc...NOT pertaining to the DOG, but to
the PEOPLE.

I'm wondering if you will help me out in a very unofficial nonscientific poll.
You can email me results, and I promise to keep it anonymous.  :)

 1.  Male/Female:
 2.  Age:
 3.  Income Level (>25,000) (25,000-50,000) (50,000-75,000) (75,000-100,000)
(>100,000):
 4.  Highest Level of Education Completed?
 5.  Current State (or country if other than US) of residence:
 6.   Family Involvement or Single (pertaining to the GSD):
 7.  How long have you been involved with the GSD in any capacity?
 8.  Do you breed GSDs?
 9.  Do you show GSDs in Conformation, Obedience, Agility,...etc.?
10.  Do you or have you handle(d) in Conformation?
11.  Are you involved in regional clubs?
12.  Do you belong to the parent club?

If you have any statements/questions that you would like to add, or think would
be valuable in this thought process, please feel free to let me know!

Thanks for your help!  I'm super excited to see where this goes!!

Jami Vander Kooi
Wolverine German Shepherd Dog Club of West Michigan
Club Secretary
Unproductive Musings