[ SHOWGSD-L ] Info on Sabbath Rescue/link

  • From: "Ginger Cleary" <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:42:23 -0400

from webpage covering story The Pet Postcard project
Sabbath Memorial Dog Rescue -- the reason The Pet Postcard Project started
-- is being tossed out of their space due to zoning issues. The 150 shelter
dogs on the property are at risk of being seized by Miami Animal Care and
Control, which is a kill-shelter (it's also where I adopted Pearl).

The city gave Sabbath Memorial Dog Rescue 12 days to find a new space or pay
a $5000.00 zoning fine. I think that they will be kicked out even if they
pay the fine.

In any case, 12 days is not enough time to place those 150 homeless dogs!
The rescue is asking for a "stay" of 12 months in order to secure new
property. There's a petition to sign on this link.that he refuses to dispute
the citation.

Sabbath has been ordered off the farm within 12 days. We will fight this,
but regardless, if Animal Services finds that we have not moved in time, it
is their intention to forcibly take the 150 dogs to their slaughter.

We desperately need your help to convince the City officials to either
immediately issue a kennel license to Sabbath, or, in the alternative, to
grant a stay for 12 months in order for Sabbath to resolve this situation.

After 9 years and 2500 dogs AS could have (grand fathered )this license in
but they chose not to.

To all: Robbie needs all the help he can get. If you feel you can help
please call him or me.

IF ANIMAL RESCUES EVER NEEDED TO BOND TOGETHER AND FIGHT SOMETHING THIS IS
IT.

Danny Kresky
DKresky8@xxxxxxx <mailto:DKresky8%40aol.com>
954-929-2097

Nikki Moustaki THE PET POSTCARD PROJECT....website

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a010535b46b88970b0120a565fddd970c

CROSS POST TO ANYONE THAT MAY BE ABLE TO HELP.

If there's anyone who knows how to legally help Sabbath Memorial Dog Rescue
and these 150 shelter dogs, please contact them. Please also sign this
petition.

Thank you everyone! Hugs and woofs!

Nikki

.

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=12098154/grpspId=1705044093/msgI
d=15706/stime=1251234856/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>