[ SHOWGSD-L ] In response to Tom L's post

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:34:16 -0500

Balance  is
vital no matter how fast or slow the dog moves, but implying that extremely
angulated dogs cannot be balanced is an opinion, not a fact.     (Taken from
Tom's post)

Another great post Tom.  It always amazes me when talking to SOME
breeders/exhibitors when the topic of All-Breed GSD's  vs. Specialty GSD's
comes up.  It always seems that when SOME people talk of All-Breed dogs they
called them "The Balanced" ones, and then when talking about the Specialty
dogs, they call them the "extreme" ones.  This always drove me nuts.  I knew
what they meant.....All Breed - no angles...........Specialty dog...........too
much angles.  It was the use of their word "Balanced" that made me crazy.  It
implied that the Specialty dog who had angulation couldn't be balanced.
"WRONG", I thought to myself!  Balance just means equal in proportion....what's
up front is also in the rear.  So IMO, if a dog is angulated front and rear, he
is balanced.  If a dog is not angulated front and rear, he too is balanced.
Best wishes,  Barbara Galasso