[ SHOWGSD-L ] In desperate need of help.

  • From: "Virginia" <v_cleary117@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 13:19:23 -0400

I am in desperate need of help! For those that don't know, and haven't
followed me on Facebook. I am in an inpatient hospice facility. I went to
the hospital a little over three months ago with a bleeding issue and was
secondarily diagnosed with stage 4 cancer (long story). Because I was not
working at the time (my car had died so I was unable to work) and had no
income, or air conditioning at home I could not go home. The hospital and
social worker would not let me. I couldn't stay in the hospital forever, so
once the bleeding issue was under control they moved me to the nursing
facility. All this time I have had a couple of people taking care of
Charlie (my 9 year old Shetland Sheepdog). He isn't easy to take care of
because he is NOT friendly. He is really frightened of anyone but me. They
can get him to come in and go out just fine. He goes right into his crate
when they open the door to let him in J

The owner of the trailer park where I was living (another long story) has
said he must be out today! Well unfortunately the Sheltie rescue contact
person I was working with is unavailable today. The problem is he is NOT a
people friendly dog. He is quite anti-social. Not aggressive or anything
like that, he won't bite (unless grab suddenly) but he is a total spook when
it comes to other people. So, I can't let him go to just anybody.

The owner of the park has said if he is not gone today he will call animal
control. I can NOT let that happen because they will kill him immediately.
They will not even try to find him a home with his temperament and age.

If anyone can help in any way, even if it is just holding on to him for a
day or two until the Sheltie Rescue person is available, I would be forever
grateful.

I know he is not a German Shepherd but I love him so.

Ginger Cleary

Rome, GA

---