[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Importing dogs problems...

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ShowGSD_L" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 16:59:00 -0500

Listers,   Stormy & Paulette --- I flew many dogs through the years.  As
Paulette says, "Northwest" has always been superb.
I've also used and very much recommended "Delta" for flying dogs and other
critters as well.  Well, Folks -- just this week
the "merger" of these 2 airlines is definite!  What will happen is - Northwest
will be phased out and their facilities & planes &
equipment will be redone in the Delta colors etc.  I've been a bit concerned as
the only credit card I have is a VISA of the
Northwest premium perks -- I have some accumulated free miles and I'm going to
write to see if they'll be honored by the
new company.  One thing so very good about Northwest was that they would have a
special multiple copy ticket on the crate
& one of those would be removed as the crate was loaded on your flight and the
Steward/ess would bring it to your seat.  I
have had problems fixed very helpfully with lost crates a couple of times.  If
they hadn't had this type of service, I'd not have
know my pet was lost!!  Why one time we were actually on the runway and they
STOPPED the plane and all passengers were
watching them arrive with my crate before take off.  It was really special
service IMHO!  Right now, I think traveling with or
shipping our dogs is getting tougher and tougher by air.  JMHO tho ---   Norma
no L      but experienced in this dept.