[ SHOWGSD-L ] Important Update, MA Futurity........

  • From: Acara1997@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 23:14:43 EDT

Important Updates regarding the Mid Atlantic Futurity  Weekend
While many of you may had  been previously advised, it has become necessary
to relocate the Host Hotel  & Show Site for the Mid-Atlantic Futurity and
accompanying specialty shows  (GSDC of Northern & Eastern  Virginia) for the
quickly approaching Memorial Day weekend.  This action  is both necessary and
unavoidable due to a change  of ownership, management and franchise at the
Howard
Johnson Hotel in  Fredericksburg, Virginia.  Specifically, a protracted
building renovation schedule coupled with the parking area occupied with
construction equipment, trailers, materials, etc. have rendered this facility
unsuitable
for a successful  event.
Despite this change, we  have attained a first-rate alternative for both the
Show Site and Host  Hotel.  Moreover, given the  comprehensive schedule of
events we have planned, we are confident this will be  an outstanding weekend,
full of fun, food, and fellowship with an excellent  opportunity to learn from
some of the foremost authorities of our  breed.
Schedule of Events and  contact information as follows:
Saturday, May 26, 2007
GSDC of Northern  Virginia Specialty Show & Obedience  Trial
Conformation Judge:              Mr. David Rinke, Langenau Kennels
Obedience Judge:                  Dr. Hallie A. Ray
Educational Program:             â??State of the Breedâ?? by David Rinke
Note:  Limited seating is available for the Educational  Program, please
contact Laura Gilbert for reservations.
Sunday, May 27, 2007
GSDC of Eastern Virginia  Specialty Show & Temperament Test
Conformation Judge:              Mr. Paul Johnson, Saxony/Marquis Kennels
TT Evaluator:                         Laura Gilbert
Monday, May 28, 2007 (Memorial  Day)
National Futurity/Maturity Show, Mid Atlantic  Region
Futurity/Maturity Judge:        Martha Rinke, Langenau Kennels
Photographer:             Miguel Bentancourt (will also be available for
private photo  sessions)
Videographer:             Bob Lindsay (will  raffle a complete set of the
weekend DVD's)
In addition to this  excellent judging panel, combining over 150 years of
experience in the breed,  our specialty show sponsor, Royal Canin has
generously
donated some very  valuable prizes (i.e. an assortment of  dog foods/treats,
grooming towels, GSD encyclopedias, leather leashes ,etc.)  to be awarded and
raffled at the shows.  We also have a hospitality event scheduled immediately
after the  educational program on Saturday, and again after the Temperament
Test on  Sunday.  Mark your calendars as you  don't want to miss this weekend
folks!
Host Hotel:     Best Western, Fredericksburg
2205 William  Street
Fredericksburg, Virginia
(540) 371-5050
A group rate  of $74.00/night with an additional $15.00/night fee for dogs in
room is  applicable.  Free continental breakfast is included.  A $10.00/night
fee for RV parking has  been approved however, space is limited and a
reservation is required.  Please note that (50) rooms  have been blocked until
May 1,
2007, after which time, first come first  serve.
Show  Site:       Old  Mill Park
1240 Caroline  Street
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Many may  recall as this was the site of the 2002 MA Futurity.  This is an
excellent venue with large  grassy rings, plenty of shade, a covered pavilion,
water, power,  etc.
For further  information regarding the weekend events, please  contact:
    *   Bill Gish             (540) 895-5870 or gsd001@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    *   Laura Gilbert     (757) 421-7854 or  gsdcofeva@xxxxxxx
    *   Cathy Darnell    (804) 320-5390 or  acara1997@xxxxxxx
We look  forward to your attendance, participation and support for this fun
and exciting  holiday weekend!
With best  regards,
Cathy Darnell
MA Region,  Futurity Show Chair