[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Important: Danger of Homemade Dog Diets!

  • From: MORGAN LEWIS <shadowland22000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 06:41:07 -0700 (PDT)

GOT THIS TODAY, THOUGHT SOME MIGHT BE INTERESTED, MORGAN
"Dr. Jon" <drjon@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Dear MORGAN LEWIS,

Hi - It's Dr. Jon again. It has come to my attention that many of you are
cooking your own dog foods after the recent pet food recall. I do understand
what fears you must have experienced during the recall. I have emailed and
talked to many of you.

But I wanted to let you know there have been problems with dogs that are being
fed homemade diets too! It can be difficult to create and prepare a
nutritionally balanced food for dogs and cats on a continual basis. Dogs are
presenting to clinics and veterinary hospitals with dietary problems related to
homemade diets. Some dogs are having problems such as vomiting, diarrhea, and
obesity. Some veterinarians believe that they are beginning to see some
problems resulting from improper vitamin, mineral and protein ingestion.

If you are cooking for your dog, please check that the diet is approved by your
veterinarian.

For some recipe suggestions, go to Homemade diets for healthy adult dogs.

Regards,

Dr. Jon

P.S. If you have any comments or suggestion for other topics, please email me.

Intelligent Content Corp., 20283 State Road 7 , Suite 400, Boca Raton, FL
33498, USA

        To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:
http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?zCwMbOyctMxsnAyMzAwM

Morgan and His Angels
  Precious, OFA
  Princess, CGC, TDI OFA H/E, Thyroid, Cardiac

and lay it on us.